Saturday, 3 March 2012

my latest post

Afternoon all on a gorgeous Saturday.  I am sitting here blogging with the patio door open, it seems ages since I have been able to.

I have made a sympathy card for a friend's family, who sadly died last week.

The base card was in my stash, which is pearlescent, and the dotty acetate is from Hunkydory.  I made the topper with the Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles and then Stamped the image from Wild Rose Studios, using a Clearly Better Turquoise inkpad.  The ribbon I made from Seam Binding and coloured it with the inkpad and threaded it through one of the buckles from the Spellbinders Ribbon buckles.

It is always difficult to make these types of cards, but I hope that it is tasteful for the occasion


not a very good photograph because I was getting a lot of glare and also a shadow of myself from the acetate lol x

13 comments:

GoonerGirl said...

Beautiful card, perfect for such a sad occasion. Chris xx

Angela said...

Lovely card and subtle colours.
never a easy card to make.
Ax.....ex Wokingham !

Linda said...

Beautiful card. Love the colours and perfect for such a sad occasion.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Vee Cassidy said...

sorry for deleting my other comment - typos!¬ Your card is just perfect xx

Angel-23 said...

Beautiful card really elegant.
Hugs Rachael xx

pickle said...

Absolutely beautiful xx

Susan said...

Lovely card Jane, so difficult to find an appropriate one for a sad occasion.

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really pretty, love the colours and the die cut and ribbon look gorgeous
Lindsay xx

Doreen said...

A gorgeous card,love the colours.xxx

Elaine said...

What a simply stunning card Jane. I love the cross image so delicate.
Well done I like your style of crafting .
Hugs Elaine

Claire Newcombe said...

It's a beAutiful card Jane, and the frame (romantic rectangle ) is stunning, might have to start considering trading my cuttlebug for the grand caliber

Jo Davies said...

Beautiful card Jane, Jo xxx

Barbara said...

Jane, your cards have a lovely, simple, uncluttered look to them...this is very nice x