Thursday, 12 July 2012

My first go at Triple Time Stamping

Hi everyone, the day started off sunny and bright, and is now damp and miserable. Are we ever going to get a summer?

Today's post is a new technique to me, and I saw a post from Kate Martin this morning and decided I would have a go.  There is a video showing you how to do this technique at:



The stamp is from Le Blanche, and I coloured the background with Pan Pastels to take the starkness of the white card away. I started by cutting out the white card I was going to stamp onto, and then cut the black mats to go with them.  Next I put a little bit of tape runner on the back of each of the white pieces of card, taking some of the sticky off and then layering them up.  The next step was to stamp the image onto the card  using a black Memento ink pad - making sure I put even pressure onto the stamp, especially the bit that was stamping right on the edge of the card  because you are stamping over three layers - (the first time I didn't do this and the impression didn't stamp). After this I mounted the three layers onto the black mats and then mounted it onto my base card.  Finally I coloured it with Pan Pastels Red tint. In the video, a background stamp is used first, but out of all the stamps I have, I  didn't have ONE suitable stamp!!!  A good excuse to go crafty shopping me thinks! lol

Hope you like it, I enjoyed making this card, and hope you will too - have a look at the video and then play and have fun xx

19 comments:

Beth Dawson said...

Stunning

sue - bearhouse said...

WOW! This is stunning Jane, a really effective technique

Sue

Linda said...

This is gorgeous Jane, I love the colours and hopefully will have a go of doing this myself sometime soon.

Hugs
Linda xxx

De welzijnsconsulenten van Stralend en Wel said...

That's amazing!

emma goddard said...

stunning hun xxx

Andree said...

That's absolutely amazing Jane, I love the rose stamp and the pink and black looks so elegant x

Elaine said...

How fabulous Jane well done Hugs Elaine

Dannii said...

Thanks for sharing the link to the video it is always helpful to know these things if wanting to create a simular look.
Utterly beautiful card. Very elegant x

Zoe said...

This is gorgeous Jane, I looked at that post myself this morning and thought how great it looked, I will have a go at some point? Finding the right Stamp I think will make the difference as you have here! Well done love the PP background too just lifts it xxx

lindyloo said...

this is brilliant well done
lindyloo x

Dawn said...

Stunning, the stamp is gorgeous, so detailed. x

Jo said...

I do like the look of this tecnique.. card is beautiful Jane!

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the Technique.xxx

Celia Harrington said...

Fantastic card well done on the stamping xxxxxxxxxx

Jo Davies said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours, fab creation! Big hugs Jo xxx

Kate M said...

This is great Jane - so glad its inspired you too!!
Kate
xx

Cumbrianlass said...

Stunning Jane, looks so complicated, will watch the video.
Janet

Beckie said...

That that is such a gorgeous card. Love the colours and the style. Love Bex xxxx

Shirley said...

This looks great, will have to try that myself.
Shirley xx