Sunday, 5 August 2012

What's with the Daffodils??

 Thank you for all the wonderful comments on my post yesterday.

I have left the Grunge behind and have done something different.

When I received the men's collage stamp and saw the script, as per usual I had to try and read it.  Normally they tend to be in a foreign language, or are just squiggles and stuff, but I noticed that this one was part of the well known poem of William Wordsworth.  What I didn't know was that it was inspired whilst on a walk with his sister, and the first version didn't mention the well known line 'a host of golden daffodils' at all!

Anyway that's where the daffodils come in on my card!


The stamps I have used are again  the Men's Collage and For your special Day, together with one of the daffodil stamps from Heartfelt Inspiration, and 'The Coppice' from Inkylicious.
The daffodils were coloured with my promarkers - colours are: Daffodil Bloom, Summer Sun, Meadow Green, and Forest Green.
The trees are coloured with the same greens plus Apple Green.  The sky is Panpastels - Ultramarine Blue tint and Ultramarine Blue, and under the trees I used Permanent Green. On the toppers I used Permanent Green and Hansa Yellow, to try and tie them n with the daffodils.
The Men's Collage and On your Special Day stamps are available from:

http://www.visibleimage.co.uk/

Please have a look at their website, the stamps are of extremely high quality and their service is second to none, and please don't forget their competition at:

http://visibleimage.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/visible-images-first-ever-competition.htm


25 comments:

sue - bearhouse said...

This is gorgeous Jane. I love the scene you have created and the daffodils you have added is a nice touch.
I hope you enjoy the rest of the day
Hugs Sue

~ Ali ~ said...

This is fab, love it

Ali x

Cliona Larkin said...

Great card. I love it. Now a follower.

Carol said...

Beautiful card Jane. Carol x

emma goddard said...

Beautiful Jane, as usual, love it xxx

jane stillman said...

Thank you Cliona x

Linda said...

Gorgeous Jane, loving the daffodils.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the stamps.xxx

caroline spice said...

What a lovely card Jane . The stamps are great xxx

Celia Harrington said...

Great card and love the scene created xxxxxxxxxxx

Zoe said...

I love this Jane, so much to look out, a lot of work has gone into this, it's perfect xxx

Visible Image said...

A really lovely card Jane, so impressed that you saw the words were an extract from the Wordsworth poem and interpreted it on the card with the gorgeous daffodils! Great to see those two stamps being used in a fresh new way. A fab feminine touch! Thanks Jane xx

jane stillman said...

Your welcome x

jane stillman said...

thank you so much Zoe x

jane stillman said...

Thank you Sue x

Sarah Carrington said...

Loverly Card, well done

Kate M said...

Great card and images
Kate
xx

Sylvia Anderson said...

Beautiful card Sweetie x

Chris said...

Fab Card love the stamp. Chris xx

Dawn said...

Such a beautiful creation!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Andree said...

That's fabulous Jane, I love the way you've done the treeline.
I've just become a follower, I thought I was following you already, oops x

ju said...

Great interpretation. lovely xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really fabulous, I love the images and the layout and the daffodils look fab, (I always try to read the scripts too lol)
Lindsay xx

Kay Dalton said...

fab card lovely and fresh

Claire Newcombe said...

lovely composition.....love the the trees

claire x