Saturday, 4 August 2012

When is a flourish not a flourish?


Good morning everyone from a very wet Berkshire. Have been enjoying watching the Olympics, but have managed to make a card too, and here it is:


I have used the Men's Collage, For Your Special Day and the Grunge flourish  stamps all of which are available from:

The reason I said when is a flourish not a flourish, is because the grunge border is from the Grunge flourish stamp, I just inked the edge of the stamp to get the effect. (Please go and have a look to see what I mean). I distressed the background with Tim Holtz Black Soot and Vintage Photo inks, and then flicked water over it.  I stamped the Men's Collage and For your Special day with Memento, distressed them  and then tore the edges and inked with the same distress inks.  The little watch embellishments are brads from Craft Bag. I cut off the prongs and stuck them on with Pinflair Glue Gel.
 
Please don't forget Visible Image are running their first competition - details here:
http://visibleimage.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/visible-images-first-ever-competition.html

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend  x

20 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the distressing...fab papers.xxx

jane stillman said...

thank youso much Doreen. lol, I didn't use any papers, all done with distress inks! x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really gorgeous Jane, I love the colours and the vintage image and sentiment, fab use of the grunge flourish stamp too
Lindsay xx

ju said...

Lovin that....background looks great ! x

Zoe said...

Great card Jane love the little watches xxx

sue - bearhouse said...

wow! This is fabulous Jane. I love the image and sentiment and the way you have inked the background looks wonderful
I hope you have a fab weekend
Sue

Kate M said...

Great grungey card for a fella Jane
Kate
xx

With love from Linda said...

Fabulous card! I always find mens cards the hardest to do. This one is masculine yet still beautiful.
Linda
xx

Carol Ann said...

great card love your distressing .x

Cumbrianlass said...

Hi Jane
A real fantastisc card, I love how you made the border,( will have a try )
a super mans card
Janet

Kay Dalton said...

oh i love this card i saw it on visable image post...xx

Linda said...

This is wonderful I love the images and a fabulous border.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Angela said...

Hi Jane, really love this distressed look on your card and the colours are just right for a masculine card.

AX

jennie p said...

great mans card i love it xx

Sheila said...

Lovely card Jane, hard to do mens cards I think. This one is brilliant x

Kandy's Krafts said...

Lovely card Jane.

Andree said...

A great male card Jane, I love the little fob watches x

~ Ali ~ said...

Super creation

ali x

Claire Newcombe said...

Great use of the stamps.....i love it when you can use a stamp in a number of different ways. Shows true creativity

claire x

Lisa said...

Totally gorgeous and altho I already have the grunge stamp I had to get the sentiment stamp!! I really really love the colours you have used too
Lisa
xx