Monday, 21 January 2013

From sweetie tin to...............

Hi there everyone, hope you're not struggling too much with the snow. I decided to have a play yesterday, and decided that as I had eaten all the sweets, the  tin needed a makeover.  Mind you, so will I after eating so many sweets! Here's what I came up with.  I'm not sure what I'm going to store in it as yet - maybe buttons - not sure.


I did decopatch on the tin first, then added the lace and finally used the Spellbinders Grand Decorative Circles which were embossed with the Die'sire 'Flower' embossing folder.  Finally, I put three brads on the top layer.

Take care till next time ............

20 comments:

Andree said...

That's fabulous Jane. The decopatch paper is gorgeous and I love all the layers and lace.
I can't believe you ate all the sweets without sharing though! x

Avril Ann said...

Now I wonder what kind of sweeties were in this tin, LOL. fabulous makeover Jane xxxx

Jossy'sCorner said...

Great idea - you'd never know that started of as a sweetie tin! It looks great! What are you going to keep in it now?

Kate M said...

Great upcycling - lovely project!
xxx

Mrs O crafty blog said...

Great project, love the decopatch paper Px

Cumbrianlass said...

A super creation Jane.
Janet

Lexie said...

This absolutely beautiful Jane! And it definitely deserves being used for something very special...like buttons!
xx

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Jane this is just fantastic. I love the colours and the dies are gorgeous too.

Hugs
Linda xxx

fatmonica said...

It's gorgeous!

Barbara said...

Fabulous project, Jane.....keep wanting to try something like this myself.....we have lots of empty sweeetie tins!....

Doreen said...

Love this fabulous project.xxx

Zoe said...

Wow! That's gorgeous, I have an empty tin and keep thinking about what I should do with it? Hmmmm! Xxx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really fabulous and a brilliant idea love those die cuts
Lindsay xx

Nicky Wilcox said...

Oww this is fantastic. xxx

emma goddard said...

Stunning Jane, love it xx

Gwyneth said...

What a fantastic idea, and such a gorgous result. I love your decoupatch and how you've decorated the lid.

Wendy H said...

This is a beautiful project Jane. I love all the layers and lace. Great idea. Wendy xx

Dawn Lancaster said...

That's a quality altered tin, right up my street! Great work!
Hugs
Dawn xx

judith@poppy cottage said...

Love the colours you have chosen, the decopatch is a great idea. Judith x

Fran said...

Looks fab xx