Thursday, 31 January 2013

Have mat - will travel!

Hi everyone, hope you are well.  It took me two days to do my latest card!!!  Isn't it strange how some cards come together so easily, and others are a real pain in the butt!!  I wasn't going to let it defeat me, so here it is:



I started off with a backing paper from Papermania Chronology selection.  I then found some contrasting papers which I had in my stash and stamped clocks and cogs from the chronology and Debbie Moore stamp sets, in Tuxedo Black. The main image is a stamp called Catifur Colombus, from Stampendous, which again I stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black.  The sentiment is from the same Debbie Moore stamp set, and this time I used Memento Bamboo Leaves.  Finally I attached a cog from the Chronology range and a watch face from Creative Expressions.

Not a very good photo, because the light isn't good today, but I THINK it was worth persevering!!! lol

Till next time .....................

20 comments:

Doreen said...

Love your fabulous card...gorgeous papers and colour combo.xxx

Barbara said...

I agree with Doreen....gorgeous colour, just a bit different, and the papers are great x

Ger said...

Great card. Love the papers.
Geraldine
CBN DT

Mrs O crafty blog said...

Great card, love the stamps Px

Linda Simpson said...

Yes it was Jane, it is fabulous and so loving the gorgeous stamps and colour combination.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Kate M said...

It certainly was worth persevering with - it's a lovely card - great papers, images and lovely colours!
xx

sparklingblackrose said...

Very pretty :-) Elaine xxx

Janice Ayers said...

Well done for persevering, it has come together very nicely :)

Andree said...

A brilliant card Jane, I'm so glad you stuck with it. The layers, colour and stamped image are fabulous x

Dawn Lancaster said...

Glad to see you won in the end! Well done, it's Gorgeous!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Debbie Fisher said...

Great papers, colours & design, love it xxx

Sylvia Anderson said...

Well worth the wait Sweetie, i love everything about your card x

caroline spice said...

Well done ... Such a great card love the colour tone xxx

Avril Ann said...

Jane, what a clever card, I love it, fabulous, and yes, I have had that problem this week, with my Glitter N Sparkle card, ripped up 2 imaged already, LOL...still not finished, what are we like, love and hugs xxxx

Lexie said...

Gorgeous card Jane. Well worth the amount of time you spent on making it work.
xx

Cheremane said...

That such a fab card Jane love the colour and layout xxx

mamof9 said...

Great card, love the embellishments, love the layout x

Zoe said...

I know those moments lol! It was definitely worth persisting with the end result is fab, love the colours! I'm very partial to greens on a mans card xx

fatmonica said...

I love this card-the Chronology papers are gorgeous!

Laine said...

Fabulous papers and design.
xx