Friday, 18 January 2013

When is a doily not a doily??

Hi everyone, well it was obvious I wasn't going anywhere today, as the snow has been falling all day.  The only thing I can see on my car is the number plate!!!  In all the years I have lived in Wokingham, I don't remember having so much snow in one day!

Anyway, I decided to have a play rather than do anything specific, and this is what I came up with:


Sorry, it's not a very good picture, but anyway I used one of the 6 x 6 Vintage notes papers from Papermania, and darkened the edges with  antique linen.  I then used one of the doiley's from the Vintage notes decoupage medley, and went round it with Victorian Velvet.   Next, I  took a doily which  I got free from a magazine, cut it at approximately two thirds and shaped it into the bodice.  With the other piece,  I folded it and made the skirt, I glued them together,  put silver ribbon round it to hide the join and added some pearls, lace and tiles.  If you would like to make one  yourself, look out for the February edition of Papercraft inspirations.

Till next time......... stay safe and warm xx

21 comments:

Kate M said...

This is so pretty Jane - must have a go at this - now where did I put those doilies??
xx

Lexie said...

This is so lovely. Fab idea with the doily...really effective.
xx

caroline spice said...

very pretty and such a great way of using the papers xx

JayBe said...

Love the way you used the doily, Jane - so pretty.

Thanx for your comments on my blog, hun - much appreciated.

Hugz, Jan xx

Linda Simpson said...

A fabulous card and love how you have used the fabulous doilies. I love the new Vintage Notes from papermania it is stunning.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Avril Ann said...

WOW Jane, this is utterly fabulous hun, will make sure I get that magazine, snow falling here in Edinburgh too, stay safe, love and hugs xxx

Janice Ayers said...

Very pretty card, great use of the products and lovely colour scheme :) x

Claire Newcombe said...

Very inventive, I appreciate those people who can turn one thing into another. Very pretty card with gorgeous summer colours.

Claire x
(DT- crafty bloggers network )

lindyloo said...

wow this is just so pretty x

Doreen said...

Beautiful card.xxx

Andree said...

This is so pretty Jane and such a clever idea. I'm glad you're having fun with the Vintage Notes papers, they are gorgeous x

jean.phillips1 said...

Beautiful card, love the colours. xxx

Zoe said...

Beautiful card Jane, I got the same mag and made the flowers with my free doilies but the dress looks great xxx

Jossy'sCorner said...

Lovely card, great idea to use the doily to make it - looks really pretty. Helen xx

Jan Ltc said...

Gorgeous card xx Jan

Nicky Wilcox said...

O wow this is great love the doily dress xxx

Chris said...

Sooo pretty what a fab idea to use doilies. Chris xx

sparklingblackrose said...

Ooh clever! Elaine-xxx-

Danie May said...

A very clever use of the doily and such a pretty card. I love the muted vintage feel and the pretty lace trim down the side. xx

craftygranny said...

Gorgeous hun i love it.

Wendy H said...

Beautiful card Jane, I saw the magazine in Asda at the weekend and decided against buying it. I think you've changed my mind!! Byt the way, when and where is the party!! Wendy xx