Wednesday, 3 April 2013

Gorjuss birthday card

Hi everyone, thank you for all the lovely comments left on my blog posts.  I thought I would do a quick blog today as I had to do a birthday card for a friend's Grand daughter's birthday which is this week.  I decided to go with the Gorjuss range as it is so her.


I used two different background papers, added two ribbon strips, and then the decoupage.  The letters are all self adhesive, so I punched out squares and mounted the letter tiles onto them to give more dimension and definition.  Finally I cut out the little butterflies and flowers. 

Here is the inside


I used another background paper, a tag with the same image on it as the front, punched a hole and just looped  some ribbon through it, identical to her socks.  I used another tag to mount the happy birthday on - which are the new dies from Rob Adams,  and then finished it off with the stripey bow, so it all tied in with the rest of the card.  By the way 'Great Aunt Jane' is a standing  joke with the family and myself.  I keep telling them I am Great, but they don't believe me lol .  Till next time.................. take care

26 comments:

Sylvia Anderson said...

Beautiful, i love this image, i'm sure Sophie will adore it

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card Jane, love the beautiful design and the image.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Angel-23 said...

Oh this is simply gorjuss, love the gorjuss range, love the layout, colours and co-ordinating ribbon, I'm sure Sophie will love this.
Hugs Rachael :) xx

Lisa Warren said...

Hello, A beautiful card and image. Lisa :)

Kate M said...

Great card, lovely image - Sophie will love it!!
xx

Jan Ltc said...

Fabulous card Jane xx Jan

Chris said...

Beautiful, love the image. Chris xx

Gwyneth said...

Great card. I love how you've chosen the perfect background and embelishments to work with the image.

Zoe said...

Fab card Jane xx

Andree said...

A wonderful card Jane, I love the layout. I think you're great, lol x

Lorraine said...

Fabulous card Jane...love the image and the embellishments too hun.
Lorraine xx

jean.phillips1 said...

Lovely card Jane, I am sure any little girl would love it. xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card.

greetings karin

Barbara said...

Such a cute card xx

Sheila said...

Beautiful card, love the cute image x

Laine said...

So lovely. Wonderful image and design.
Laine
xx

Laine said...

Such a lovely creation. Love these girls.
xx

Donna Ellis said...

A darling birthday a card for Sophie! Very sweet, and pretty earth tone colors. Just delightful! hugs, de

Happycrafter Shell said...

Lovely card, I just love those gorjuss girls :D xx

Mrs O crafty blog said...

Beautiful card, I love the gorjuss range, Px

Debbie Fisher said...

Ooooo Jane this is so lovely, i love your design & the gorjuss topper is just ..... Gorjuss lol xxx

caroline spice said...

Adorable card and i love the tags xxx

lindyloo said...

ooooo what a super card super cute xx

sandra carey said...

Beautiful Card Jane Hugs Sandra xx

Michelle said...

Beautiful card, I just love the Gorjuss Designs:)
Love
Michelle x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

So beautiful, love the gorjuss girl image and the muted colours and the layout is fabulous too
Lindsay xx