Thursday, 22 August 2013

A little bit of Christmas

Hello and welcome.  Thank you for all the comments left for me.

I saw Kay from Indigo Blu on Create and Craft a while ago and thought I would have a go at making a card that she demonstrated.
First of all I will show the stamps I worked with so you know what I'm talking about in the  description of how I made it.




This is the card I made.


I started with an A5 Centura Pearl base card
Matted and layered alternate Navy and White card. On the top layer, I masked all but the corner  of the Frosted Bauble Stamp with post it notes, and applied flitter glue, I removed the post it notes and stamped it into the two corners  and then used Winter Dawn flakes  - Kay used part of the large snowflake stamp in each corner of the four corners, but I don't have that stamp so I improvised!
Next I masked the top of the Stag Cliffhanger stamp, again with post it notes and inked the bottom with Denim Adirondack ink. I removed the post it notes and stamped it on a scrap of paper and  then just cut round the frame leaving the white border.
The next step was to cut and emboss the largest Spellbinders 20011 Heirloom ornament die.  Whilst it was still in the die, I did the background using Panpastels.  Next, I masked the bottom of the Stag Cliffhanger stamp, with post it notes,  and inked the top up -  again with the Denim, removed the post it notes and then stamped the image, the die cut is still in the die whilst doing this too.
Finally I cut the flourish from Spellbinders Jewel Flowers and flourishes, attached the sentiment and then put the whole thing onto the card.  Phew!

Hope you like it.  Till next time .....................


16 comments:

Avril Ann said...

OMG, Jane, this is absolutely gorgeous, love it, great work hun xxx

tatiscrap said...

Uper wonderful Christmast card!!!! Love it!!
Kiss from Spain

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow two gorgeous cards Jane, beautiful done.

greetings karin

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Jane this is fabulous! I love these stamps and have them myself.

Hugs
Linda xxx

CraftyKay said...

Beautiful.

Kay
CBN DTx

Tina said...

Wow Jane that card is just Stunning xx

Zoe said...

Stunning card Jane, really love how you created the scene within the bauble xx

Ger said...

Beautifully done!
Geraldine M
CBN DT

Mrs O crafty blog said...

What a fantastic card, love the layout.. indigo blue are yummy stamps Px

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

Those stamps are gorgeous.... I especially love the flourish one...
The card you have made is gorgeous and I love the mix of colours between the backing stamped images and the main image. Really beautiful card.

Hugs Lisa xxxxxx

Laine said...

So elegant. Stunning Season creation.
Laine
xx

Kate M said...

Those stamps are fabulous, great card!!
xx

Pauline Wheeler said...

Isn't it a fab stamp
Lovely card
P x

Nicky Wilcox said...

Amazing card love the bauble the image is beautiful xxx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

So pretty hun, love it, beautiful design and colours
Lindsay xx

Sandie said...

So beautiful...x