Tuesday, 13 August 2013

If music be the food of love....................

Hello everyone, thank you to all those that have commented on my blog posts. I decided to have a play today, and was tempted by a challenge over at:
http://kaboodledoodles.blogspot.co.uk/

The challenge is music-and /or arts.
I decided to go down the music route.  I had an idea in my head and have to say what I ended up with was nothing like it!
Here it is:



I started with an 8 x 8 card blank, embossed it with the Die'sire Seasonal Music embossing folder.  I then stamped out the images which are from Debbie Moore, and used a punch to do the scalloped edges.  I then had an idea to try and make a record (I know I know, a lot of you won't remember them!!! lol)  I used white card and used the same embossing folder as I did for the background, used Black soot distressed ink and then clear embossed it. The middle bit I coloured with Victorian velvet distressed ink and used a silver pen to write the RCA label.  Finally I stamped out the sentiment, again from Debbie Moore and coloured all the squares with old paper distress ink - and there you have it

Till next time...................

19 comments:

Nicky Wilcox said...

A great card fab idea with the record xxx

Barbara said...

Such a clever idea, Jane....your card is fab xx

Laine said...

This is so clever and a lot of work. Love it all. Well done.
Laine
xx

sian said...

brillant hun I love it

Lise Cooke said...

Its FABULOUS Jane and yes I do remember records lol. Its amazing and I look the design Good luck and I hope you win xxxxxxxx

Kate M said...

Great project - we have just send a box full of 45s and LPs to the charity shop (after transferring them to cds!) Makes me feel old!!
Super card
xx

Taniaj Scott said...

great idea, love it txx

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous Jane, I love the images.

Hugs
Linda xxxx

Andree said...

A brilliant card Jane. I love the embossed background and your record is fabulous. What a super idea x

Sylvia Anderson said...

This is brilliant Sweetie xxx

Jan Ltc said...

Fab card xx Jan

Avril Ann said...

Oh, how I loved Records, gave all mines away when I moved from Dundee to Edinburgh, and have regretted it each and every day.. Love this card Jane, xxxx

Nicie Ibarra said...

Wonderful card!!! And I'm part of the crowd that does remember records! :)

Sylv said...

Love how you made the record, great music inspired card.

Sylv xx

Sarah Jackman Read said...

Fab!! Xx

Norhalma said...

You're so creative! Thank you for playing along with us and sharing your artwork at Kaboodle Doodles blog.

Chris said...

Wow that's brilliant, I love it. Chris xx

kingsharon1967 said...

Great creation .Thanks for joinin gthe Kaboodle Doodles Challenge and good luck x

kingsharon1967 said...

Great creation .Thanks for joinin gthe Kaboodle Doodles Challenge and good luck x