Friday, 23 August 2013

Quick and Easy Card

Hello, and welcome, thank you so much for all the wonderful comments you left for me on my post yesterday.
I have been in the garden today, trying to tidy it up so I needed a quick and easy card  and here it is:


I took an 8 x 8 card and covered it with Hunkydory Silver Mirri Board, and embossed it with the Die'sire Star of Wonder embossing folder (as you all know Mirri card is really difficult to photograph without getting a reflection, so the embossing  hasn't shown up at all well  - sorry) Next I cut out 2 triangles of Hunkydory Blue Mirri Card, and two triangles of white paper.  I decided to use the Indigo Blu Frosted Baubles again today, mainly because I had left it out after yesterday!  I stamped it with Perfect Medium, and embossed with  Nice Ice Blue from 'Stamps by Chloe'.  The sentiment is 'Wishing you a Merry Christmas' by Indigo Blu,  but I only used the  'Merry Christmas' from it and again stamped and embossed it as before.  Finally I put a piece of very narrow navy ribbon diagonally across the card, and attached some pearls which match the embossing powder in the middle of the stars.  

I have to say that the embossing looks all the same colour in the picture, but actually it is very sparkly, and has gorgeous turquoises, pinks and golds in it - it is just GORGEOUS. 

That's it for now, till next time ..........................

9 comments:

Taniaj Scott said...

Lovely, it looks beautiful txx

Pat Taylor said...

It's a brilliant card Jane! Love it xxx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Very nice Jane. Lovely work. Cheers Holley

Linda Simpson said...

This is beautiful Jane!

Hugs
Linda xxx

Kate M said...

Great card Jane. Love those baubles.

xx

Laine said...

Very classy Jane.
Laine
xx

Nicky Wilcox said...

An elegant and simple card xxx

Avril Ann said...

Jane this is gorgeous, hun, love it, now when you have finished tidying your garden, mines is waiting, LOL...

ps please sign up for Bloglovin....pleaseeeeeeeeeeee xxx

Love and hugs xxxx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

So pretty hun, love the colours and the corner stamp is beautiful
Lindsay xx