Sunday, 17 November 2013

A postcard Christmas

Hello, and welcome to my blog.  Thank you to everyone who takes the time to comment, it really means a lot xx

For today's card I started off with a Kraftcard base, then used black mirri card. For the next layer again I used Kraft card used the Diesire Embosallicious Holiday Holly folder on it, coloured with Tim Holtz Crushed Olive distress ink.  The image is Snowy Postcard from Stampendous which I inked up with Memento Toffee Crunch.  I cut it out using the Grand Decorative Ovals from Spellbinders, and coloured it with Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink. The holly is a Signature die from Joanna Sheen. The red pearls I had in my stash and the ribbon is from Creative Expressions. The little green gem on the ribbon was also from my stash.  I did add some glitter on the roofs, but it hasn't shown up, the weather is really dull here today.



Till next time ................

23 comments:

Avril Ann said...

Totally gorgeous Jane, love this one, you get on with the rest now, LOL, huge hugglies xxxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful Jane.

gr karin

Wendy McCarthy said...

Very elegant, super bow! xxx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Wow, lovely work Jane. Those colors are striking together. Cheers, Holley

Rosebuds n Ribbons said...

Beautiful ,my favourite winter stamp
Hugs Susan xxx

Kate M said...

Fabulous image, love it, great card.
xx

Chris said...

Gorgeous card love the colours and image. Chris xx

Debbie Fisher said...

Really beautiful card Jane, great work xxx

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous Jane, I love the colours and the gorgeous image and bow.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Kay said...

Fabulous card Jane, I love that stamp.

Lisa H said...

Beautiful!
I just love spellbinders, they sure makes things easier! :)

Jan Ltc said...

Beautiful card Jane love the elegant image xx Jan

Zoe said...

Gorgeous card Jane, I have this stamp and love it, I love what you have done with it and the colours you've chosen xx Zoe xx

Desire Fourie said...

This is so beautiful and elegant. Love the gorgeous bow.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,lovely image and design.xxx

Laine said...

Stunning design and detail.
Laine
xx

sandra carey said...

Jane this is stunning Hugs Sandra xx

Andree said...

A gorgeous card Jane. I love the embossed background and the stamped image x

Fran said...

Stunning card Jane , I love it xx

Pat Taylor said...

What a gorgeous card Jane, love it xxx

Barbara said...

This is a fabulous card, Jane....I do love that Stampendous stamp.....toying with the idea to buy it! xx

Nicky Wilcox said...

Such a traditional look love it xxx

Gwyneth said...

Your card looks lovely. Your choice of inks for the image works so well - I love it. I know what you mean about the difficulty in getting great photos that show up every detail when the weather is too dull - it's so annoying when not all the finishing touches show up.