Monday, 25 November 2013

Die-ing for Christmas!

Hi there welcome to my blog.  Thank you for the kind comments you leave on my posts.

Today I have a Christmas card for you:


I started this card by cutting out the bauble shape from the Spellbinders 2011 Heirloom Ornaments die. I then embossed it with the Die'sire Embossalicious 'Let it Snow' embossing folder.  Next I cut out the Glowing Candles die from Memory Box and coloured it with my Promarkers.  Although it doesn't show up, I added glitter to the candle wax.

The next step was to make the background.  I embossed red and green card with the same embossing folder and then cut the strips, placing a strip of mirri board across the centre.  Finally I cut out the Merry Christmas from Rob Addams All occasions dies and added some gems from my stash.


Till next time ................

13 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card Jane, I love all of the dies you've used.

Sue x

Rosebuds n Ribbons said...

A beautiful card
Hugs Susan xx

Erin Bentley said...

Lovely card, love the candles on the bauble.

Hugs Erin x

Kate M said...

What a beautiful card - love that candle die!!
xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a beautiful card Jane.

gr karin

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous Jane, I love the candles in the bauble.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Andree said...

A wonderful card Jane, the colours and dies are brilliant x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Lovely die cut and a beautiful image too. Gorgeous.

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow this is just beautiful Jane. Love the candles with green holly leaves.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Tricia said...

What a striking card love the way the bauble stands out against the red and green background. Tricia

Gwyneth said...

Gorgeous card. Very traditional colours of red and green set off the white bauble beautifully.

Cumbrianlass said...

Hi Jane,
A fabulous traditional coloured Christmas card.
Hugs
Janet xxx

Avril Ann said...

Stunning Mum, love this so very much, xxx