Friday, 3 January 2014

One lucky lady - two wins within a few days!

Hi and welcome.  I so hope 2014 will turn out to be a fabulous year for all my friends family and followers, and am thinking of all those caught up in the terrible storms today - please stay safe.

Well 2013 finished on a high when I won Blog Candy from my dearest friend Avril (my adopted daughter!) and then on the first day of January I was the lucky winner of a £40 voucher from the Imagination Crafts Challenge, so things have certainly started well for me.

I have a project to show you which I did before Christmas but have only just got round to blogging it!!!  It started life as a plain mdf box and now.....................


I started off by using Indigo Blu English Cottage Wimberry Pie, Park Lane, and Pebeo Bermuda Acrylic Paints.  I splodged (a technical term!) all three colours onto the box and then dabbed it with kitchen towel so that it blended all three into each other.  ( I watched Kay Helliwell do this technique on C and C). Next I stamped the Wrought iron Corner from Creative Expressions with Jet Black Staz on and embossed them with clear embossing powder.  The frame was made with the Katy Sue mould, using Martha Stewart's white clay which I coloured with Distress ink.  The cameo is a Hobbycraft stamp.  Finally I added the two little butterflies which were in my stash.

Hope you like it - Till next time ....................

20 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is stunning Jane. I love the beautiful frame and the wrought iron looks fabulous.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

Stunning project hun love it x

Sylv said...

Fabulous altered box, and what a great start to 2014 for you with blog candy and a challenge win.

Sylv xx

Cumbrianlass said...

A stunning piece of work Jane, the technique you used make it look like velvet ( which I thought you had covered the box with until I read your blog)
Happy New Year
Janet xxx

Cumbrianlass said...

A stunning piece of work Jane, the technique you used make it look like velvet ( which I thought you had covered the box with until I read your blog)
Happy New Year
Janet xxx

Desire Fourie said...

A beautiful transformation. Love the vintage flair.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Mrs O crafty blog said...

Fabulous project.. And congratulations on the luck.. Send some my way lol Px

KarinsArtScrap said...

fabulous project Jane.

gr karin

Laine said...

A stunning creation Jane. Sending Happy New Year Wishes to you.
Laine
xx

Erin Bentley said...

Hi Jane, A beautiful box, love the colours.

Hugs Erin x

Debbie Fisher said...

Gorgeous project xxx

Rosebuds n Ribbons said...

Stunning project Jane ,I just love the colours.
Congrats on your wins ,lucky you
xxx

Kate M said...

Fabulous project Jane - love the colours and that wrought iron! Well done with the wins!!
All the best for 2014
xx

sandra carey said...

What a great start to the year Beautiful Project Hugs Sandra xx

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

Congratulations :-) what a great boost for what is usually quite a dreary time as all the fun festivities are over and life goes back to normal.
Gorgeous project with lovely colour mix.
Hope you enjoy spending your voucher :-)

<3 & hugs
Lisa xxxx

Cheremane said...

This is fabulous Jane :) May your luck continue :) hugs xx

Nicky Wilcox said...

Congrats hun well done, love the card xxx

Nikki Killinger said...

Well done on the wins, and a lovely project, love the paint colours. x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Gorgeous work, I love the blue you chose for it. Nice job. Cheers, Holley

Avril Ann said...

Oh WOW, Jane, this is stunning, love the blues here, great work and you are very, very welcome, love and hugs xxx