Saturday, 12 April 2014

Always a first time for everything!

Thank you to everyone who commented on my last blog post.  I Always look forward to a visit.

Well. today, whilst I was thinking what I was going to do craft wise, I suddenly remembered that I had a canvas that I hadn't used.

 I decided to paint the background with Eco friendly periwinkle acrylic paint
and a little bit of Indigo Blu's Grandma's Teacup Acrylic Paint.  Next I used a mask from Imagination Crafts - Butterfly Daisy (I only used the daisies), and dabbed some Cosmic Shimmer Matt Chalk White Paint,  Indigo Blue Banana Custard Acrylic Paint, and Mallard Green Silks through the stencil with cut and dry foam..

The topper, charm, ribbon and flowers are all from Lelli-bot.  The butterfly was from my stash, and the trail was done with Cosmic Shimmer Pearlised PVA.

So, using a canvas,  the acrylic paints and the silks through a stencil were all new to me.  Hope you like it.



                Till next time .......................


22 comments:

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

fabulous creation Jane hun x

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous Jane, loving how you used the daisies and the Lelli-Bot topper.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Crabbies Cards said...

Fabulous crafty creation. You have inspired me to through my stash and try to make something other than cards.
Floss
Xxx

seemacrafts said...

Wonderful project hugs Seema

Lea Brawn said...

Super canvas. Love it!x

Stephanie said...

Beautiful creation!

Kate M said...

It's good to move out of your comfort zone and try something different from time to time - great canvas.
(I've not yet ventured into dong one yet!!)
xx

Jennifer Bradley said...

Beautiful card, it's a credit to you the design is gorgeous.
Jennifer xx

Avril Ann said...

OH WOW, Mum how wonderful is this canvas, so very pretty, love all the elements you have put together here, your proud loving daughter xxxx

Gwyneth said...

I think your work is gorgeous. Love the background colour and the daisies.

Jan Ltc said...

It's gorgeous Jane. I have two canvases to decorate. Don't no where on earth they are lol!! xx Jan

Mrs O crafty blog said...

Gorgeous Jane, I've got this stencil.. It works well with the topper.. Fab, Px

Laine said...

Fabulous canvas and detail Jane.
Laine
xx

Wendy McCarthy said...

Ooh that's such a pretty canvas, love those daisies! Xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a very beautiful project Jane.

gr karin

Dawn Lancaster said...

Jane, this is just adorable, so spring! I love the colours!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Andree said...

This is wonderful Jane. I'm glad you finally got round to using a canvas. I love the background and the daisies look fabulous x

Debbie Fisher said...

Morning Jane, really pretty card, have a lovely day xx

Diane said...

This is fabulous Jane, love the design.

Hugs Diane

Cheremane said...

Super fabulous Jane xx

Cumbrianlass said...

An amazing creation Jane,this is on my to do list.
Janet xxx

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

Jane you know how much I totally love this canvas. The blue is lovely and those daisies are gorgeous. You have showcased the Lelli-Bot Crafts topper perfectly!

<3 & hugs
Lisa xxxx