Friday, 6 June 2014

Don't know where I'm going with this!!!

Thank you for all the comments left on my last post.
I have had this mannequin from Indigo Blu for ages so thought it was about time I did something with it!

I'm afraid I made it up as I went along, the only thing I knew I wanted to do was to use something from the Crafters Companion Vintage Floral collection cd!


I began by painting with Gesso and then added papers from the cd.  Next I used pebeo acrylic paint to form the bodice and then stuck the flower paper to the bottom half of the mannequin.  I then made the hat out of card and added papers from the cd and attached the feathers.  

Next I found two wooden butterflies and painted them with Sparkle medium from Imagination crafts and attached the pendant which I had in my stash.

I painted the rod and base with acrylic paint, attached the sentiment and finally added the flowers to the base.

Till next time ...................

20 comments:

Jan Ltc said...

It's great Jane different so I can see what you mean but it works xx Jan

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous Jane. I love the colours and fabulous embellishments.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Tina said...

Oh wow this is stunning! love everything about it! Hugs Tina x

Kate M said...

This is fabulous Jane - love it!!
xx

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

Hi Jane and what a fabulous job u did with that a real wow factor love it really different hugs judith x

Lea Brawn said...

You've done a great job Jane. I wouldn't have dare try. X

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a beautiful creation Jane.

gr karin

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous project!

Maxine Jones said...

This is incredibly pretty and cute!

Jennifer Johnston said...

A fabulous creation Jane, love it.
Hugs Jennifer xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Wow, that is great, love the colors. Love the yellow and green combo.

Andree said...

This is brilliant Jane. I love the colours and the flowers. The hat and the butterflies are gorgeous.
I've got one of these mannequins somewhere in an unpacked box, I must find it and have a play.
Big hugs xx

Mrs O crafty blog said...

What a great project.. Love everything you've done to it, looks fantastic, Px

Avril Ann said...

Oh my Giddy Aunt, oops that is wrong, my Gorgeous Mum, that should have read, LOL..this is utterly, utterly glorious, what an amount of work, and WOW does it show, I love everything about this Mannequin, love and hugs from your loving daughter....

ps - told you I would get here, LOL xxxx

Tracy said...

Morning hunni, this looks lovely and works really well.
Hope you have a lovely weekend x

Jennifer Bradley said...

Jane what a fab job, this is great. You are a clever girl

Laine said...

This is fabulous Jane. You didn't know where you were going, but you definitely got there! Its stunning.
Laine
xx

Sylvia Anderson said...

This is beautiful, I love working with mannequins xxx

Sylvia Anderson said...

This is beautiful, I love working with mannequins xxx

Samantha K said...

Wow, love this, really fab colours and love all the little details :) x