Wednesday, 25 June 2014

They call me mellow yellow! lol

Hello and welcome to my latest post.  Thank you to everyone that left comments on the last one.

Have been playing with some stamps and dies that I hadn't used up till now and here's what I came up with:


I started off making the flowers which are Majestic Bloom Dies from Heartfelt Creations coloured with a Memento Dandelion Inkpad.  The stamens were made with Sweet Juliet die from Heartfelt Creations, but I had to cut them down quite a bit because I haven't got any dies with stamens in them! I finished off the flowers with cream pearls from Creative Expressions.

The swirl is from the Belle Rose Spellbinders die and I just chopped the leaves off.  I stamped the background with Majestic Morning by Heartfelt Creations, using Memento Dandelion inkpad. I did go round the edges with Scattered Straw  Distress ink, but it doesn't show up very well. I also coloured a piece of ribbon with the same distress ink.  

The frame and sentiment is from Phill Martin's Vintage Frames stamp collection.

Finally I added some black Mosaic gems from Papermania, and cream pearls from Creative Expressions.
.

Till next time ..................

23 comments:

Jennifer Bradley said...

Oh Jane this is gorgeous everything about it sings
sunshine and summer, so fresh just love it Hugs Jennifer xx

Zoe said...

Stunning Jane, xx Zoe xx

Jan Ltc said...

La La La lala You have started something now Jane!! Gorgeous card xx Jan

KarinsArtScrap said...

its a very beautiful card Jane.

gr karin

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous colour, love the background and fabulous flowers.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Dawn Lancaster said...

Just gorgeous Jane! I love your blooms! Great colours too!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Lea Brawn said...

Very pretty. Lovely colour Jane x

Jennifer Johnston said...

A very pretty, summery card Jane, the flowers are beautiful. Love both these dies.
Hugs Jennifer xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

lovely card today. That yellow is awesome. The dies are too cool. Cheers, Holley

Beverley Lowe said...

Beautiful card Jane - lovely colours, Bev xx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous.xxx

Joanne Bendall said...

Beautiful. I really must try to step away from black and try to use more colour. Thanks for the inspiration xx

aussie aNNie said...

Another lovely card using a gorgeous bunch of flowes and swirls.......beautiful designed as well...brrr cold one here today in Australia....♥aNNie x
The Journey is the Start

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

Gorgeous Jane really uplifting - just what I need this morning hugs Judith x

Samantha K said...

Beautiful, so summery and bright. I love the background paper you have made xx

Tracy Welham said...

Beautiful card, I love the subtle background. I love Phill Martin's stamps.x

Shary said...

Lovely summery card xx

Cumbrianlass said...

Fabulous card Jane, the background stamp is gorgeous and love the flourish.
Janet xxx

Nicky Wilcox said...

So pretty and elegant xxx

Avril Ann said...

Oh my gorgeous Mum, this is amazing, love the elegance of this card, love yellow me, such a happy colour, love and hugs xxx

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

What a lovely card using a very underused colour! The paper is beautiful and I love how you have done the tag

<3 & hugs
Lisa xxxx

Tracy said...

Morning hun, I really like this, so pretty and summery. Flowers look beautiful xx

Laine said...

Fabulous design and detail Jane. Love the colour palette.
Laine
xx