Tuesday, 8 July 2014

All boxed up

Hello and welcome to a new post.  Thank you again for your wonderful comments xx

This project has taken me quite a few days, only because I was watching the tennis, Grand Priz and Tour de France!!!

I'll start with the pictures first:

This is the back


This is one of the sides


This is of course, is the front!


The box is from Indigo Blu which I began by painting with Gesso.  I then dabbed on Royal Satin and Lavender Lace Stamping Paint from Imagination Crafts on the front and back of the box. I used the Royal Peacock Gilding Flakes from Indigo Blu down one side of the box.  The rest of the sides I painted with black Pebeo acrylic paint. 

  I used Pan pastels for the background to the image  just to take the whiteness of the card off, and then stamped and embossed the Dianne Stamp from Indigo Blu.   I only wanted to highlight the flowers on the image ( you might like to click on the picture to see it more clearly) so coloured those with Promarkers. 

Next I attached the Victorian metal corner embellishments from Creative Expressions and flowers from my stash.

Not sure what I'm going to use it for yet - any suggestions would be welcome 

Till next time ..............








26 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow stunning Jane, beautiful done.

gr karin

Lisa Cornwall said...

Jane. This is stunning. Love it xx

Laine said...

Beautiful, elegant and totally stunning Jane.
Laine
xx

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous Jane, love the image and gorgeous colours.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Kate M said...

Beautiful!! Love that image, the design and the gilding flakes are great - lovely project!

Lea Brawn said...

Just gorgeous Jane. X

Jennifer Johnston said...

Really beautiful Jane, love the colours.
Hugs Jennifer xx

Andree said...

A wonderfully decorated box Jane. The colours and gilding flakes look fabulous.
Big hugs xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Lovely project Jane, I never would have guessed what it was just looking at the back, lol! Love that color combo and the gold gilding. Cheers, Holley

aussie aNNie said...

STUNNING Jane, awesome colour combo and love how you did the sides, looks 'expensive' and love the front looks super gorgeous with your flowers placed so delicately like that. The metal corner sure finishes it all off.xx
aNNie The Journey is the Start

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Lovely box, Jane! Stunning colors and it looks great all around.

I don't think it needs to be used for anything except a piece of art to admire. :)

Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave the sweet comments!

Have a great evening!

Jennifer Bradley said...

Wow Jane this is stunning love it xx

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

Wow Jane awesome project hun really delicious u did a great job hugs Judith x

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

Wow Jane awesome project hun really delicious u did a great job hugs Judith x

Em Louise Fairley said...

I agree with everyone else, this is stunning Jane! Great job! :)

Hugs,
Em x
Creative Em

Jan Ltc said...

This is excellent Jane xx Jan

Sylvia Anderson said...

Superb.... I love it x

Erin Bentley said...

Hi Jane, a gorgeous box, love the flowers and the image.

Hugs Erin x

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jane. Just love the Victorian feel to this.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Dawn Lancaster said...

Beautiful altered box Jane! It looks very elegant!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Tracy said...

Oh wow Jane this is really very beautiful, really like the flakes down the side xx

Mandy Ashley said...

Wow, Jane - you've put so much work into this beautiful creation!I love it! :)

Kay Dalton said...

just beautiful x

Sylv said...

Stunning colour and embellishments, fabulous work.

Sylv xx

Avril Ann said...

OMG, Mum, what a super stunning, box, I adore the vintage feel to this box, would also go great with my frame, LOL...hugs xxx

Samantha K said...

Absolutely gorgeous xx