Tuesday, 22 July 2014

Baubles

Have got to say a HUGE Thank you for all your wonderful comments yesterday xxx

Today there's something different but oh so simple to accomplish.

 I saw on TV the other day about being able to colour things with water and ink, so I thought I would have a go!  disaster struck - it didn't work as planned, obviously the person on the TV was using special ink whereas I used Alcohol Ink, or maybe I put too much water in the container.

Anyway I wasn't going to be put off so I made the polystyrene balls wet and then dropped the alcohol inks onto the balls and oh my gosh, I had coloured baubles.  So what might have been a disaster, became a happy accident!


Their all  ready now to add the ribbon. 

There is a WARNING with this technique - if you have any disposable gloves then do wear them, I think I may have inky fingers for quite a few days!!!! lol

Till next time .............

20 comments:

Avril Ann said...

Love them Mum and would go fab on my Christmas Tree, LOL..I bought some polystyrene eggs, after seeing a demo using them..great minds again, LOL..love and hugs always xxx

Lisa Cornwall said...

Gorgeous. Love the colours. And there's nothing better for a crafter than inky fingers. Xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

it looks lovely Jane and fab colour.
Gr Karin

Jennifer Bradley said...

OMG these are fab glad you called then baubles and not ball (no one want blue balls) I love the way the ink
as gone into them to create the patterns. xx

Jennifer Bradley said...

OMG these are fab glad you called then baubles and not ball (no one want blue balls) I love the way the ink
as gone into them to create the patterns. xx

Linda Simpson said...

These look fabulous and love how the ink has dispersed on the polystyrene. Good luck getting your inky fingers clean.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jan Ltc said...

These are great Jane xx Jan

Sylvia Anderson said...

These are brilliant, I love how they turned out.... Well done xxx

Lea Brawn said...

Looks like a lot of fun Jane. Great baubles x

Andree said...

Beautiful baubles Jane, I love the colour.
Big hugs xx

aussie aNNie said...

A gorgeous finished creation, lovely colours and super they turned out so wonderful..♥aNNie

The Journey is the Start

Doreen said...

Love these Jane,great idea.xxx

Laine said...

Fabulous colour and a great idea Jane.
Laine
xx

Cumbrianlass said...

They are looking fabulous Jane, perfect for Christmas.
Janet xxx

Fiona C said...

Happy accidents are just the best - brill xx

Lou Sims said...

Brilliant happy accident. Thanks for sharing, Lou x

Kate M said...

Yes I totally agree - a very happy accident!!
Great project!!
XX

Shary said...

Great idea! And they turned out perfect! X

Samantha K said...

fab, fab xx

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

Wow these are aaamazing really brill you are so talented hun hugs Judith xxx