Tuesday, 15 July 2014

Classy little dresser!

Thank you again for all the lovely comments on my post yesterday xx

A couple of weeks ago I watched a tutorial on how to make a chest out of matchboxes, so I thought I would give it a go.

Unlike the lady in the video I made ALL my matchboxes instead of buying them!

Three quarters of the way through I had a change of heart and decided to make a dresser instead! lol

The basics I followed from the following you tube tutorial
http://artfullymusing.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/video-tutorial-making-chest-out-of.html

So this is what I came up with:





I'm not going to do a step by step of how I did it because I would be here all night and you can click on the link above for details because the instructions work in the same way for the dresser.as they do for the chest.

The back of the dresser was cut with a spellbinder die and coloured with Pebeo silver Gilding Wax

I used papers and images from Kraftyhands Craft Nouveau cd - lots of lovely things on this cd. The embellishment was also from Kraftyhands which originally was brass but I changed it to silver to go with the little dinky handles which are beads I had in my stash.

I also used beads for the feet as I didn't have any proper feet to go on it!

It is a time consuming project because there is lots of drying time to take into account and lots of cutting papers, but I think it was worth the effort.

Till next time ......................

21 comments:

Jan Ltc said...

What a wonderful project Jane xx Jan

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a stunning project Jane so very beautiful made.
Gr Karin

Avril Ann said...

OH Mum, this is just stunning and I love the papers and images, just perfect really, well done you making all the matchboxes, love and hugs xxx

Cumbrianlass said...

Wow Jane, this is stunning, so clever of you for making it all from scratch.
Janet xxx

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Jane this is stunning! Love the idea and fabulous papers and embellishments.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Tracy said...

Oh wow Jane this is gorgeous! You are so talented x

Em Louise Fairley said...

This is stunning Jane! I've previously created something similar from a Crafter's Companion Ultimate Pro tutorial and although they take time, the end result is well worth it.

Hugs,
Em x
Creative Em

aussie aNNie said...

Wow Jane I am really impressed, love making these little creations myself and all I can say is this is really a big 'wow factor'. xxx

♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

Doreen said...

Wow this is just gorgoeus Jane,love it.xxx

Sylvia Anderson said...

Wow, This is stunning, Well done young lady xxx

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

Wow Jane this is a wow stunning project hun love it it is delicious loving the papers too a real work of art and u made all the matchboxes!!! well that s aamazing - i loveeee this hun hugs Judith xxx

Laine said...

A fabulous dresser Jane. Such a beautiful piece. Fabulous design and detail.
Laine
xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Wow so awesome. From the first pic m I never would have guessed it was from handmade matchbox es. Gorgeous work

Lea Brawn said...

Amazing job Jane. Looks absolutely fab x

Pink-Crafty-Devil said...

What a lovely project, the design and detail you have put into it is lovely. hugs Kelly x

Dawn Lancaster said...

Fantastic roject Jane! I wish I had more tme to play with my crafty stuff but alas....
Hugs
Dawn xx

Andree said...

A fabulous dresser Jane. I love the papers and images and the bead handles look wonderful.
Big hugs xx

Tracy Welham said...

That is fantastic, so special. It really is beautiful. x

SamsHomeCookedDesigns.com said...

I think it's lovely. Really we'll made
And love your finishing touches.
Sam x

Samantha K said...

Gorgeous, fantastic work x

Erin Bentley said...

Hi jane, another stunning project, looks fabulous, love the design.

Hugs Erin x