Thursday, 5 February 2015

A touch of vintage

Hello and welcome to today's blog post.  Again, thank you for the lovely comments left yesterday.

Well, today was another milestone for me.  My friend and her husband picked me up in the car and took me to Broad Street Mall in Reading which is the first big town after Wokingham.  Oh boy I was so wobbly and scared!!!  We went for a cup of coffee and then Jean and I went outside the Mall so she could have a ciggie! 

After that we  window shopped and then found a jewellers which was selling bankrupt jewellery - just had to have a look - and I bought myself a necklace.  We walked around a bit more and came across a Yankee Candle shop.  Jean saw some tea light candlesticks which she liked so I bought them for her as a thank you for supporting me - she was over the moon.

We then came home.  All in all a great 2 hours even though it was scary for me!!! lol

Anyway here is a tag which I made this afternoon:



I started with a wooden tag from Sheena Douglass and stamped the crackle background which is from Indigo Blu using Ranger Coffee Archival Ink - .  I then coloured it with Tea Die and Scattered Straw Distress inks.

I then stamped the image from Crafty Individuals onto some card, again using the Archival ink and colouring it with the same distress inks and my Promarkers.

I stamped the sentiment (sorry I don't know who it is made by!) using the same inks.  The ribbon is from Docrafts.

Till next time .........................

22 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Sounds like you had a lovely time with your friend Jean and treated yourself too. So proud of you hun as I know how scary it can be.

A gorgeous tag and loving the crackled background.
Hugs
Linda xxxx

jean.phillips1 said...

Hi Jane, glad you have managed to get out and had a nice time with your friend. Beautiful tag! xxx

Kate M said...

Glad you enjoyed your outing - you are doing really well.
Love your tag -super project!
xx

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

Evening Jane and very well done on your achievement really proud of you xxx Fabulous make too love it crafty hugs Judith xxx

Jennifer Bradley said...

Hi Jane. well done hun great acheivment and even buying yourself a present, way to go girl. Great Tag Hugs Jennifer xx

Jackie Trinder said...

Hi Jane it sounds like you had a brilliant time with your friends. I love the tag you have created. Hugs Jackie

Sylv said...

Gorgeous tag, love the crackle background and fab sentiment.

Sylv xx

Laine said...

Fabulous project Jane and sounds like a wonderful outing.
Laine
xx

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

Ooohhhh sounds like a lovely milestone! I am so proud of you and your achievements. It is hard to face fears and phobias, but you are tackling yours head on now....you go girl!!!

This is a lovely vintage make. I do love vintage makes, but don't make them as much as I should.

<3 and hugs
Lisa xxxx

Jennifer Johnston said...

Well done on your day out Jane. The more you get out the easier it will become. So pleased you enjoyed it Hun. Some time spent with a good friend can work wonders lol! Love this vintage tag.
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment.
Hugs Jennifer xx

Andree said...

Another milestone! I'm so proud of you Jane and pleased you rewarded yourself with some bling.
It's a lovely tag, I especially like the birdcage.
Big hugs and love xxx









aussie aNNie said...

Love your creation,this isstunning , it’s gorgeous and the beauties added....thanks for always popping into my blog. my internet has been down so sorry if I missed a few lovely cards.. Lovely to read you had a great time out with your friend....keep it up...xxx..♥ aNNie



{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Gorgeous vintage project today

emma goddard said...

Loving the tag sweetie, well done on the milestone, sounds like you had a great day, well done, hugs xx

Tracy Welham said...

Fantastic tag, love it! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Jan Ltc said...

Great tag Jane xx Jan

ElizabethR said...

Gorgeous tag love Crafty Individual stamps, have a great weekend, Elizabeth x

Chrissy Sharp said...

Hello Jane, Glad you had a good day out with your friend. I really love the vintage tag, so pretty. Lovely colours.

Chrissy xx

Lise Cooke said...

SOUNDS LIKE A WONDERFUL DAY OUT, SO GLAD YOU ENJOYED IT AND GOT YOURSELF AND YOUR DEAR FRIEND A PRESENT, YOU R TAG IS GORGEOUS, LOVE THE VINTAGE LOOK, STUNNING XXX

Tracy Freeman said...

Jane you should be so proud of yourself xxx I am so pleased you had a lovely day out xxxx
What a beautiful tag, love the background.
Sending lots of hugs xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

wonderful and great tag Jane
Gr Karin

Samantha K said...

So glad to hear you had a lovely time and your fiend sounds wonderful. This is a gorgeous tag, hugs xx