Thursday, 19 February 2015

Flutterbies and poppies

Hello and welcome to another post.  Thank you so so much for all the fabulous comments on my post yesterday - I was blown away by them xxx

Before I go onto today's post, some of you commented on the fur on the 'kitty' card the day before yesterday.  I'm afraid I can't take the credit for it - the stamp did it!!  lol

Anyway here's today's offering -


Sorry about the photo, terribly dark here this afternoon!.  The backing paper is from Butterfly Parade by  Craftwork cards, the poppies are from Hobby art and the border round the sentiment and the sentiment are from Phill Martin.  The colours are painted with Distress inks and the little butterflies were cut out of another page from the Butterfly Parade Pad.

The words on the sentiment are:

I'm sending this card as I wanted to say
I hope you have a truly amazing day

I didn't want to put too much on the card because I didn't want to hide the gorgeous paper - I do have a confession though - I meant to go round the edges with Distress Ink and FORGOT! lol 

Till next time ...........................

17 comments:

Tracy Welham said...

Very beautiful card! Gorgeous backing paper. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Linda Simpson said...

Love the background butterfly paper. The sentiment is beautiful too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Gorgeous. I love the contrast in the colors.

Jennifer Bradley said...

I know what you mean about not putting to much onto such lovely papers and I think your card is beautifully done. Hugs Jennifer xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

great background and a beautiful card Jane
Gr Karin

Jackie Trinder said...

Hi Jane this is a gorgeous card I can understand why you didn't want to cover the beautiful paper. Hugs Jackie

Lise Cooke said...

OH JANE ITS STUNNING, I LOVE THAT PAPER PAD, STUNNING PAPERS IN IT, LOVE THE POPPY STAMP AND I LOVE PHILL MARTINS STAMPS, THEY ARE ALWAYS AMAZING. LOVE THIS CARD XXX

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,fab design and details.xxx

aussie aNNie said...

FABULOUS love this work of art. Your paper is too pretty to have overloaded it, love it as it is ....Have a lovely weekend.xx{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Wendy McCarthy said...

A very delicate and pretty card! Xx

Andree said...

A fabulous card Jane. The paper, little butterflies and colours are lovely. Big hugs and love xxx

Samantha K said...

Beautiful, i lvoe the pop of colour xx

Tracy Freeman said...

Hey hun, hope you are well.
This is lovely and yellow works so well with it.
Have a lovely weekend xxx

Jan Ltc said...

Lovely card Jane xx Jan

Laine said...

This is stunning Jane.
Laine
xx

Avril Ann said...

This is a fabulous card Mum, loving the butterfly background, super detail here, love and hugs xxx

Chrissy Sharp said...

Hello Jane, A fabulous card, love the butterflies and the backing paper.

Chrissy xx