Monday, 9 February 2015

Not too distressed!

Hello and welcome to a new post.  Thank you to everyone who left a comment last time.

Just thought I would update you in case some of you didn't know what had happened!  I had vertigo over a year ago and it has now left me with Chronic Subjective Dizziness.  Because the vertigo went on for so long the brain has gone into dizziiness mode, so as soon as I move I become giddy and unstable, so going out is extremely difficult for me because I am frightened I might pass out!  Anyway enough of that.

I did intend to make a card yesterday, but unfortunately it wasn't to be - no matter how I tried, it just kept on  going wrong so I decided it wasn't meant to be and gave up - lol!

What I did manage to do yesterday was to have dinner at my friends house.  Her husband came and picked me up about 5.00pm .  After a couple of hours I began to feel really wobbly even when sitting down so Alex bought me back home around 7.15.  I had a really nice time but was so sorry that I couldn't stay longer - at least I went which again was a big thing for me.

Anyway onto today's card:



I started with a 6 x 6 card and stamped the corners with Imagination Crafts 'Butterfly' stamp set.  I used Forest Moss and Seedless Preserves Distress Inks.  I then used the same inks to blend the background (I know it looks as though the green is in fact brown!!! lol )

The next layer I used Spellbinders Grand Circles 1 and coloured the die cut with Bundled Sage.Distress Ink. On top of that I have used a topper from the Heartfelt Creations Raindrops on Roses Collection.  I then stamped the butterfly - from Imagination Crafts and watered down the Distress Inks and painted it,.  Finally I added the sentiment which is from Phill Martin's Vintage Frame Sentiments Collection.

It certainly looks far better in real life!!!

Till next time ................................

25 comments:

Lea Brawn said...

Jane you truly have all my sympathy. I have fibro and I hate the fact it limits what I can do much as I don't want it to. I can't image how you must feel as I can imagine you are very restricted with what you do and I'm so sorry about that. Keep your chin up my dear. Your card is fab x

Linda Simpson said...

So sorry to hear you have been so bad with the vertigo.

Your card is gorgeous Jane, love the background and beautiful butterfly.
Hugs
Linda xxx

emma goddard said...

Sorry to hear your still suffering hun, I really hope things ease for you but well done for venturing out again, that took courage hun and I'm proud of you :-) The card is stunning, I love the way you have used the colours, just beautiful xx

Jennifer Bradley said...

Oh Jan how unlucky to suffer Vertigo and end up like this. Must be unbearable being dizzy all the time but you sound like a little trooper hun and you are trying to battle it out. Taking things slowly and one step at time sounds just the right thing to do. Hope you can venture out a little longer soon . Your card is gorgeous and loving the design . Chin up Hugs Jennifer xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is a gorgeous card Jane

Gr Karin

KarinsArtScrap said...

Hi Jane can you put google friend connect on your blog so I can follow you.

thank you.
Gr Karin

Laine said...

This is lovely Jane. Stunning detail and stunning colours. Take care, keep safe.
Laine
xx

Kate M said...

Beautiful card - love the little butterfly and the soft colours you have used. Glad you had an enjoyable outing yesterday, take care.
xx

Dawn Lancaster said...

Glad you managed out for a while at least ! Sorry to hear you had to cut your visit short! Hopefully things will improve with time for you!
I love your card, the soft colours are beautiful!
HUgs
Dawn xx

Tracy Welham said...

Wow, beautiful card, those tones are gorgeous. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Beverley Lowe said...

Hi Jane - sorry to hear you weren't well yesterday, but at least you got out for a while. Love the card - great colours, so soft.
Hugs,
Bev xx

Dannii said...

Sorry to hear that you haven't been well, beautiful card though, stunning layout and loving the stunning soft tones x

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Jane! Gosh, I'm sorry to hear about the vertigo and the unpleasant results of the chronic condition now. How awful - so glad you were able to make this lovely card - truly it is beautiful. Sometimes I think our brains get fried in spots, or some virus attacks certain tiny parts of our bodies, and we become critically impaired - through no fault of our own. I do hope this gradually improves so you can better enjoy the little things in life again! hugs, de

Andree said...

It's a gorgeous card Jane, the butterfly and muted colours are lovely.
I'm pleased you managed to enjoy at least a couple of hours out. Big hugs and love xxx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Hope you are felling better. I do love this die cuts surrounding the image on this card as well as the corners you added. Lovely work

Avril Ann said...

A super, super card my lovely MUM, love the colours here, and the amazing image...glad you went for your tea, so proud of every step you are taking, love from your daughter xxxx

Tracy Freeman said...

Jane this is really beautiful, lovely colours xxx

So sorry to read this, I have had vertigo before and it is awful, i also have various other health issues and i am housebound so i know how tough it can be...but keep smiling hun and well done for going out xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely card....and nice to read you went out for dinner even if for a short time...must be hard but you are a battler I think....love xxxx{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Jackie Trinder said...

Hi Jane this is a gorgeous card I love the design. You are doing so well I am very impressed. Hugs Jackie

Chrissy Sharp said...

Hello Jane, glad you managed to have a nice trip out yesterday.

Love your card so gorgeous. Love the flowers and the butterfly. The corners look just fabulous.

Chrissy xx

Jennifer Johnston said...

Such a pretty card, love the images and the layout. Beautiful colours too. Well done you for getting out, at least you had some quality time with your friend, albeit not for long. Hope this gets better for you very soon, not a nice feeling for you. Take care Hun.
Thanks ever so much for visiting my blog.
Hugs Jennifer xx

Cumbrianlass said...

Hi Jane Sorry you are suffering so much, it is such an awful thing. Hope you get lots of good days in between the not so good.

Your card is absolutely gorgeous, I love the blending of the colours and a super design.
Hugs Janet xxx

Samantha K said...

This is beautiful and such gorgeous colours. So glad you got out and had a nice time, even if it was only for a little bit. Hope you are feeling a bit better now, hugs xx

Claire Boelema said...

Sorry you are not well - I can imagine nothing worse than feeling permanently giddy.

Your card is beautiful, completely adore your colour choices.

Claire xxx

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

Jane this is really beautiful hun love it crafty hugs Judith xxx