Sunday, 22 February 2015

What a girl should be!

Hello and welcome to today's blog post - Thank you to everyone who commented on the last one xx

A great day today to stay in and craft, the weather is awful at the moment - windy and raining!

Onto the card:


Art Deco for a change.  

I found the stamps whilst sorting through so thought I ought to use them!  They are from Graphic 45.  I started with an 8 x 8 card and then used decorative scissors for the layer in red.  I stamped and embossed the corners and attached a black strip of card across it.  I used the decorative scissors again and then coloured the image with Promarkers. I then stamped the sentiment (using an Artiste ink pad) which says:

'A girl should be two things, Classy and Fabulous'

I attached the pearls from my stash and finally, the feather, also from my stash.

Till next time ....................................

20 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous Jane, loving the image she is gorgeous. The weather here is bad too we have had snow and rain.
Hugs
Linda xxx

ElizabethR said...

That's gorgeous Jane I love that image and haven't seen it before, she's gorgeous. Snow and rain here in Wales as well, perfect crafting weather ;) Elizabeth xxx

Donna Barrow said...

This is lovely - love that stamp xx

Jennifer Bradley said...

Wow Jane this is a stunner, Love that image and the colouring is fabulous. Great design and so classy using red and black. Hugs Jennifer xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous Jane

gr karin

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Love the image and esp that sentiment. Just perfect for the card! Cheers, Holley

Jan Ltc said...

Fabulous card the image is perfect for it xx Jan

Sharon said...

Fabulous card Jane, I love the stamps xxx

Laine said...

Stunning Jane. Love the elegant image and the fabulous colour palette used.
Laine
xx

Tracy Welham said...

Love Graphic 45. These is a gorgeous card, very elegant. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Jackie Trinder said...

Hi Jane this is a gorgeous card I love the elegant lady. Hugs Jackie

Dawn Lancaster said...

Love your card Jane! It was indeed a great day for crafting!
xx

Andree said...

A wonderful card Jane. I love the Art Deco image and the colour scheme. Big hugs and love xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous creation Jane, very classy and fabulous, delightful colours love your added beauties.xx aNNie ♥

{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Tracy Freeman said...

Jane this is beautiful, lovely image and gorgeous colours and what a fab sentiment xxx

Lea Brawn said...

Fab card Jane. Very elegant x

Tracey said...

Fab & striking card Jane & I love the feather :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Wendy McCarthy said...

Great card! Beautiful stamp and love how you coloured her lovely dress. Xx

Avril Ann said...

Just like you Mum, Classy and Fabulous, a beautiful card and the feather is a touch of class, hugs and love xxx

emma goddard said...

Fab card Jane xx